“Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme… Beauty and The Beast”.
Remember those lyrics? We are sure most of our readers do. They are from the main song of the original motion picture soundtrack of the Disney hit, Beauty and The Beast. It’s a well known animated film, based on a tale, that achieved fame during 1991. Nevertheless, right now the phenomenon has risen again with a live-action adaptation of the movie, starring Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Stanley Tucci, and Ewan McGregor, among other stars. That’s the reason we are here… BEAUTY AND THE BEAST IS TRENDY AGAIN!
If you just saw the film and you’re turning 16, we have a couple of ideas for your theme Sweet Sixteen party.
- Single rose centerpiece: Every table should have a single red rose in the middle, covered by a curved glass. Why? Because that’s one of the most important symbols of the movie, taking in consideration it contains the life of the Beast. So, the single rose centerpiece is a lovely idea that will do a huge wink to the theme of your Sweet Sixteen.
- Go yellow: Belle’s most outstanding outfit during the film is the one used when she dances with the Beast. She was wearing a beautiful yellow gown. Make sure to go to a seamstress to ask for a similar dress.
- Main dance: Go big or go home! If you’re doing this party, do the vals with the original song as music. Dance with your dad, grandfather, best friend, boyfriend, or whomever you like, but don’t forget to order this tune for the moment.
- References: On the dessert table or the cake, use references of important characters of the film, like Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip or Cogsworth. You can include them in your cupcake décor or with pastillage figures.
- Presents: As farewell gift, we suggest you give red roses. That will put the cherry on top of the pie.