- Styling: Don’t dress like the Flag, but use its details in a funny way. Try with the the bride’s garter or with the groom’s socks or tie. This color combinations will looks beautiful even to dress bridesmaids, groomsmen or flowergirls. Here are some ideas:
- Flowers: From bouquets to table decorations, nothing’s better than the natural touch of flowers to incorporate beautiful shades of colors into an event.
- Ceremony and reception: There are many ways to make it work with a 4th of July inspiration. For an outdoor wedding don’t forget to use a tent (see ours) and be sure to recreate a fireworks and stars with lighting. Here you have some ideas even for table and seating decorations.
- Invitations: Give your guests a clue about the wedding theme with the invitations. Whether you prefer a classic style or a funniest one, there are options for each couple’s personality.
- Extras: Don’t forget to use a big American flag as photobooth backdrop, it would be perfect. And remember, there’s no 4th of July without lots of sparks… Your photos will look beautiful forever.
Mexico is just around the corner, specially for the citizens that habitate the southern region of the United States of America. That’s why its culture has spread in states like Texas and California. But we are not here to talk about geography… we are here to talk about what’s needed to throw an unforgettable MEXICAN FIESTA, one those that going to be commented for day or weeks.
FOOD: The core of mexican culture its the food. Mexican plates are famous all around the world and that’s why there are so many fast-food chains that dedicate their menu for this type of gastronomy. Well, considering this fact, the food must be vital in your Mexican Fiesta. Appetizers like nachos with cheese, chili and guacamule are a must, but don’t leave it there. Add mini tacos (meat, pork or chicken), spicy shrimps, quesadillas, melted cheese with “chorizo” and jalapeños. In case you want to offer lunch or dinner, burritos will be just fine.DRINKS: Without tequila, there’s no Mexican Fiesta. So offer tequila shots with lemon and salt, and the famous Tequila + Sprite drink. Magaritas (including the spicy one) and Tequila Punch are also classics among mexican drinks. DECOR: Big mexican hats and serapes all over the place! That’s a good thing to start. Remember to decorate with a large palette of colors, because the mexican culture is a happy and colorfull one. For the walls, you can hang mexican hankerchiefs, photos of mexican katrinas or mexican skulls.
Help is always useful, especially when it comes to Event Planning. That’s why we keep showing you options of apps that can help you before, during and after that unique gathering you’re organizing. So, today we are going to talk about Super Planner, a digital assistant available for Android and Apple’s iOS.
Avoid exceeding the budget, overcrowding a venue, drying your bar too soon or being short of food. Super Planner will work as a calculator to help you in these hard tasks.
Super Planner includes calculators for venue capacity, staffing, catering, staging, projection and dance floor, as well as useful tips in several areas of the Event Planning industry.
Among its features you’ll find:
- Calculator for 15 different seating configurations, including banquet, classroom, theater, reception, conference & exhibit.
- The calculator works for both feet and meters and also calculates dance floor size.
- Calculate the number of drinks, entrees and other catering thing per guest.
- Calculate the number of drinks per bottle, according to ml.
- Calculator for the staff members needed, according to the event’s details.
For those who want to have every number under control, Super Planner can be very helpful, but you’ll have to pay $9.99 to download on your mobile device.
The app has been working since 2010 and its interface is very friendly. So, if you want to try it, click on the links below:
1953. The British journalist and novelist Ian Fleming brings to life a character… but not any character. It would turn to be the most famous spy in history. That’s James Bond, “AKA” 007. We are sure an important amount of persons in the planet have heard of him. And the ones who hasn’t, are going to in a certain period of their lifes.
Bond, a fictional agent from the Secret Service of Great Britain (MI6), is known as an exceptional spy, but there are other characteristics that made him popular. One of them is his sense of style: suit and tie, or tux. The other one is his ability to enchant women. And the last one, his taste in liquors… and that’s the main theme for today’s blog.
007’s life is not easy. So he usually drains with a couple of cocktails. The main one is the well known vesper. But there are other drinks mentioned on Bond’s novels and films.
THE VESPER: It’s just better to name this piece as “The Bond Martini”. The agent himself gives the recipe in one of the novels by saying: “Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, and half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it’s ice-cold, then add a large slice of lemon-peel”. Clear? Oh! Wait! If you’re asking yourself why it’s called “The Vesper”, the answer is easy: one of Bond’s lovers, Verper Lynd.
SCOTCH AND SODA: Simple, but very British. Bond usually drank this popular mix during the novels. Nevertheless, the movies (25 in total) just show -mainly- his passion for “The Vesper”.
OTHERS: Mojito and Vodka Martini have appearances on Bond’s life, but in a less important role.
So… are you adding “The Vesper” to your next event? Let us know!
“Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme… Beauty and The Beast”.
Remember those lyrics? We are sure most of our readers do. They are from the main song of the original motion picture soundtrack of the Disney hit, Beauty and The Beast. It’s a well known animated film, based on a tale, that achieved fame during 1991. Nevertheless, right now the phenomenon has risen again with a live-action adaptation of the movie, starring Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Stanley Tucci, and Ewan McGregor, among other stars. That’s the reason we are here… BEAUTY AND THE BEAST IS TRENDY AGAIN!
If you just saw the film and you’re turning 16, we have a couple of ideas for your theme Sweet Sixteen party.
- Single rose centerpiece: Every table should have a single red rose in the middle, covered by a curved glass. Why? Because that’s one of the most important symbols of the movie, taking in consideration it contains the life of the Beast. So, the single rose centerpiece is a lovely idea that will do a huge wink to the theme of your Sweet Sixteen.
- Go yellow: Belle’s most outstanding outfit during the film is the one used when she dances with the Beast. She was wearing a beautiful yellow gown. Make sure to go to a seamstress to ask for a similar dress.
- Main dance: Go big or go home! If you’re doing this party, do the vals with the original song as music. Dance with your dad, grandfather, best friend, boyfriend, or whomever you like, but don’t forget to order this tune for the moment.
- References: On the dessert table or the cake, use references of important characters of the film, like Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip or Cogsworth. You can include them in your cupcake décor or with pastillage figures.
- Presents: As farewell gift, we suggest you give red roses. That will put the cherry on top of the pie.
- Today, there’s no need to hire a programmer if you want to do it yourself. Services like blogger, wordpress and wix offer “Website Design for Dummies”. You just have to let your imagination, design, register the name of your site, and hire a domain. All those steps can be done through the services named. So, there’s no excuse!
- Once you got the “.com”, it’s time to evaluate efficiency. Make sure your landing page have an acceptable loading time, to avoid a high bounce rate. Find support on the statistic services that the 3 enterprises we named you have. For a fast loading time, don’t abuse with the sixe of the files you load to your landing page. Remember you want your visitors to stay in the website as much as possible.
- Information. Remember to deliver the datils of your organization, your event, your vision, your mision, your schedule, the venue, and your speaker (in case you have).
- Recolect data from your guests to send newsletters or event reminder. You’ll just need to add a “register section”. Remeber to offer something in exchange, because regiustration processes are always boring for visitors.
Millennials are all around and that’s why Social Media is such a big deal in these days. If you have no digital presence, you’re almost dead. And this works in every aspect, in every business… including our beloved event planning. We are going to talk about how you should use Social Media to create an impact before, during and after your event.
You just thought: “I’m going to organize an event”. What happens next? You should instantly name it and create accounts for it in various social networks. There’s no need to use all of them, but the big three is always a good idea: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. However, if you don’t want to abuse… choose wisely between those 3.
Today, Facebook is still the leader. Instagram is growing fastly, and Twitter has lost space in the market. That’s what you need to know in few words.
We suggest you to be on Facebook first. It’s a perfect place to promote gatherings, specially through event calendar. Then, add Instagram to your strategy, but always remember to have photographic criteria because we are talking about a social network where the look is all.
In case -just in case- you are going to produce information fluently, include Twitter.
Why we are so harsh with the world of 140 characters? Because it’s not made for every situation. On Twitter, the most important thing is immediacy and the big flow of valuable information. It’s another universe, made of people that are consumers of news. It’s short and direct. Take those things in consideration.
There are other options like Snapchat, but Facebook and Instagram also added the concept of “Stories” and that’s killing the little ghost that was once so popular.
Now that you are part of Social Media, the fun starts!
Make your target audience part of the event planning process. If it’s a product launch, for example, give small details about the big day, the product itself and the experience that you’re about to sell. Show your followers what’s happening behind the stage. They’ll love it!
If it’s a Big Party, a Fashion Show or a Concert, also make your audience part of the experience. Show them “In the making” material, without letting them know everything about the experience they are going to have.
For sure, you’ll have the idea of what’s your audience. But if you go Social, you can define that group of people even more. To do that:
- Post valuable information. Be original and see how your audience reacts
- With those reactions, do Social Listening to shape your event
Wait! In case you thought it, we are not saying that you should do only what people are requesting. No! That will eliminate the “X Factor” in the equation. What we are trying to communicate is that you should hear carefully to know what your audience is expecting… and how is its personality. Then, with the details you learned, continue to develop new strategies.
By the way, don’t forget to use Social Media to grow and to keep your audience happy. So, do actions like raffles.
The most important thing you need to know is that Social Media is necessary, so include it on the equation and discover great results with good practices. It’s a world that’s so powerful that will allow you to reach a large audience and create a unique personality for your event.
Las Vegas… land of Elvis Presley’s imitators, casinos, and show business. Everybody would like to at least visit this popular city once. Charm and fun in one place. That’s why the well-known “Sin City” is an amazing theme for a birthday party or an anniversary celebration.
First, and most important, be strict with the attire. Try cocktail or formal, because elegance is part of the charm of Las Vegas. So, girls should wear a short dress with high heels and guys should choose suit and tie. Simple and delightful. Remember: you want to recreate a casino-like context.
Second, use allusive elements all over the place. Start with at least one table for gamble games like roulette and black jack. And, if your budget is adaptable, hire a croupier to moderate.
Also, add other allusive elements like LED tables with dice numbers on its surface, or puffs with the same décor (something we just did in the last Vegas party we organized).
Third, feel free to use a vast palette of colors. Las Vegas is colorful, so don’t be afraid. Let green, red, white, black, yellow, and other come together without any kind of shyness.
Fourth, use entertainers. Contortionists, magicians, and stilt walker will make a perfect fit for an atmosphere were show business is the heart and soul.
Fifth and last, but not least, use the famous sign “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” in LED screens, vinyl stickers, or banners. It’s one of the most popular elements in the city, so… don’t forget it!
Complete the perfect scene with an acrylic LED dance floor and a great set of lights.
It’s Vegas baby!